Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Vinyl****ter: No Imagination

On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:
Combining posts:

"Clyde Slick

* * * * *More options May 24, 6:26 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 04:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Vinyl****ter: No Imagination
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
On May 24, 12:31 am, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

I grew up listening through my father's 222C.
Endless repititions of the Pet Sounds album,
Four Tops "Reach Out" and the Byrds
"Younger than Yesterday"
Having such a sweet amp helped
instill the joy of music.

My current bedroom unit is a 299D

* * Reply * * Reply to author * * Forward
Report spam
Reporting spam
Message reported
* * Rate this post: Text for clearing space

Boon
* * * * *More options May 24, 8:08 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
From: Boon
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
On May 23, 10:49 pm, Bret L wrote:

*You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved? And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

That's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form.

*They have little imagination.

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing. "

*Well...when I worked in music stores, I figured out that I could pull
the output transformers out of the Scotts and Fishers going in the
dumpster from the stereo place and put them in the Fender guitar amps
with burned out ones. That saved the customer money and sounded better
than the factory one. I mean, it's not like curing cancer or anything.

I asked what you have accomplished that the rest of the world
appreciates, not whether or not you ever repaired something for a
customer.

Here's another:

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl22.html

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong.