Patrick Turner

Robert Casey wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Robert Casey wrote:

Looks like an envelope detector can perform well. See my post
over in a.b.p.radio with diagrams. Below is the text without
the diagrams:

Unfortunately I cannot see the ABPR post you say you posted.

ABSE seems a more reliable place to post a schematic perhaps.

Hi Pat, just posted it over in ABSE. "Improving envelope detector...."

I see no schematic visible at ABSE with title
"Improving envelope detector..".

I see only :-

'''''''''''''''''''''''"Robert Casey" wrote in
message
[snip]

This should make for better sound from consoles and bigger table sets.

It
probably won't much help that tiny Japanese AA5...

I admire your improvements but it seems that since most all toob sets
are collecibles, changing the circuitry in any way would cause them to
be no longer "stock from the factory", i.e. they'd be modified. And if
you did modify a collectible radio without telling the buyer, it would
be grounds for calling you a dishonest seller. And as you said, there's
probably not much point in it for most cheaper
radios.''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''

I have to agree with the sentiments here about collectables,
but one reason I don't bother collecting many AM radios is their
poor sound, and to improve them, you have to modify them,
and I do just that if there is no other way to repair them,
and if an owner is happy about it.
Hopefully they'll run well for another 50 years, and the next repairist
will have to make similar decisions I have.

I refuse to allow a major slice of my brief time on our dear little blue
planet
be entirely taken up with collections of anything,
unless they are part of my work earning a living.

Patrick Turner.