Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Electrostatics, anyone?

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 7:36:25 AM UTC-5, abbeynormal wrote:
I have not heard any speakers that impressed me more than a [1982] pair o=

f Maggie tympani IIIs [driven by giant monoblock class A's each the size of=
a small refrigerator and as efficient at heating the room as a fireplace] =
that utterly transported me to the cathedral in a good direct-disk pipe org=
an recording.

There is that. I often wonder why those who have the space do not simply go=
to Maggies and have done with it. Even new, they are certainly reasonably =
priced, are entirely remarkable and in my direct experience, very rugged.=
=20

http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M.../speakers.html =20

Is a link not quite to the beginning of time, but close and far enough. The=
specifications given are very conservative, again in my direct experience.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA