Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default entry-level mixer

On Mar 23, 11:53 pm, D C wrote:

I have a general question about these Firewire mixers. Do they record to
separate tracks via Firewire, or do they just provide a stereo mix?

You have to read the literature - carefully. Some do individual
channels (direct outputs to Firewire) and some feed just the stereo
mix to the Firewire output. This particular Phonic mixer appears to
have direct outputs from each of the sixteen channels. And unlike some
others, you have a choice of whether those outputs are taken pre- or
post-EQ, though I didn't dig deeply enough into it to see if this was
a global switch, a switch for each channel, or an internal
modification-by-jumper.