Posted to rec.audio.pro
Donovan Digital Donovan Digital is offline

Default entry-level mixer

I am about ready to buy my first live mixer. I've narrowed it down to
Soundcraft MFX20 and Mackie CFX20.

My 2 Questions;

the mackie has a subwoofer output which feeds an amped/powered
subwoofer system
with a 75hz low cut summed-stereo signal. Is there a way to recreate
this behavior on the soundcraft?

Is the only way to solo listen to a channel on the soundcraft to move
my headphone plug?

A distant third is a Yamaha MG206C-USB, because my associate has a
macbook which we could theoretically use for fx processing. I'm
guessing the latency is unacceptable though.

In general, what does everyone think about these units?

Thanks much

Joseph Stavitsky
Teachers Assistant - Computer Based Recording
Bergen Commuity College
201-951-6148