Mkuller

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver

(ludovic mirabel) wrote
The topic is: "Does ABX work for comparing high-end components?"

(Bob Marcus)

wrote:
Yes.

It works because it's a test of *hearing*, and anyone who understands
how our hearing works (which ought to include any medical
professional, but perhaps I'm being presumptuous here) knows that our
hearing works independent of the *kind* of device making the sound we
are hearing.

If you know different, please tell us.

It never ceases to amaze me how obviously intelligent people (perhaps I'm being
presumptious here) can take such a simplistic position on this topic. If you
think a well-designed DBT comparing audio components using music is just a
"hearing test", then it's no wonder these debates go on and on the way they do.

Regards,
Mike