Nousaine

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something)

(S888Wheel) wrote:

....snips.....

The copy you sent me of "The great Chicago Cable Caper" doesn't really
address
the issue of the audibility of amplifiers. I mistakenly identified "can you
trust your Ears" with "To tweak or not to Tweak". "Can you trust your ears
contains no raw data.

Sure it does. You seem to want a subject by subject table. Why? It's all
enumerative data about Prefer A, Prefer B or No or Preference. I understand
your need to reject the data that subjects will gladly express a Preference for
one of two identical sound alternatives 3/4 of the time. Live with that.

None of the raw data suggests that.

Sure it does unless you consider a 94% probaility that a difference was heard
to to suggest that no difference was heard.

That's the typical amp-difference response. Sift through the data and select
individual parts that seem to support one's position EVEN when they don't.

How about the below 50% data? You gonna overlook that? You can't have it both
ways. At most, such examination (I do it too) might suggest further
experimentation but it doesn't 'suggest' that some amplifiers were heard.