Zenon

Default Power transformer wire size

When sizing the wire size for a power transforner sec. am I right in
assuming that for a non centre-tapped secondary using a silicon bridge
rectifier the wire size will need to be twice the x-section to that of a
centre-tapped secondary using a GZ34 tube rectifier. Logic leads me to
believe that a non centre-tapped sec. carries the full load where a with a
centre-tapped sec. each half carries only half the load hence need only half
the cross-section. A centre-tapped sec. has twice the number of turns and if
I use the same wire size as for a non centre-tapped sec. there isn't enough
room to fit the turns on. Going to a larger core size for a larger winding
window defies logic as the power requirements havn't increased. Does anyone
know?