Marc Wielage

Default info on Marantz PMD670

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:52:26 -0800, Daniel Houg wrote
(in message ) :

on all of our 7 units, the rechargeable nicad battery (RB1100) runs
down overnite when the unit is unplugged from the AC charger.
--------------------------------snip----------------------------------

Many of Sony's portable decks over the years have done the same. I believe
the D7/D8 DAT deck and their "Pro" series analog cassette decks did the same
thing.

I got around it simply by removing the batteries when I needed to store the
unit for a period of days or weeks. I only put the batteries back in an hour
or two before I needed to use it.

I agree it's a design flaw, but I'm not convinced it's something they can fix
in software. I suspect it's a hardware thing related to wiring and how the
charger is implemented.

--MFW