Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Default Looking for crossover or solution to problem

I think we need clarity all around on this one...

The car was manufactured with an 8-10 speaker setup, but someone
bypassed all that to power two speakers? That doesn't sound right...
An Alpine HU with 8 speaker outputs - really? Replaced the HU with
what? When you say 8 speakers, do you mean components (woofer and
separate tweeter)?

In order to do any of this yourself, you're going to have to know more
about the setup than you're letting on. Perhaps you wrote this in a
hurry, but I think more likely that you're going to need professional
assistance on this one.

~Mister.Lull

On Jul 2, 2:05*pm, DManzaluni wrote:
I have a car with an 8 or 10 speaker setup. It seems to have had an
Alpine head unit original with eight speaker outputs (I dont know
which model)

Someone has replaced the head unit and put a gigantic Diamond Audio
amp in the trunk which seems to feed into as many as two squakers, one
in each door.

Is there anything I can do to try to ameliorate this and get the two
channel amp to power all speakers at once please? Is there such a
thing as an 8 speaker cross-over out there which i can install between
the amp and the speakers?