Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Default Recording in a Remote(ish) Area

greggery peccary .@. wrote:
Hmmmm . . . . Well, that's about one mic, or maybe two or four.

Sav, I dont know about laying out a lot of cash for Neumann mics to take to
the pacific islands. I just got done listening to some Nashville early
string bands and some Library of Congress archives that were recorded back
in the 20's or 30's on some very rudimantary equipment and they sound great.
My point being the most important thing is to get the best performance on
tape (or HD) whatever you use and if you bring too much it may hamper the
effort.

No, lay out a lot of cash for Sennheiser MKH series mikes instead. They
will be MUCH more reliable in high humidity. Ask the Bishop Museum for
their current recommendations.