Posted to rec.audio.pro
ramtazz ramtazz is offline

Default 500 Series Startup Question

On 22 Jan 2014 08:44:30 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

ramtazz wrote:
for YEARS I've wanted to get into the DIY 500 series preamps/comps/eqs
etc. Question is how does everyone here route these? Do you have Pres
into EQs or does everyone have a seperate enclosure for each type...
meaning one rack of Neve 1073s, APIs and SSL 4K Pre's then another
encol of Compressors and another encl of EQs...

Well, what are you using them for? Are you going to be using them always
in the same configurations, in individual tracks, or are you going to be
using them on groups or on the 2-buss?

My inclination is that for a permanent studio install, all processing ought
to be routed through the patchbay, but then again I am not one of those
people who need to have a vast amount of processing in every channel.
--scott

I wanted to have 2 api maybe 2 73 styled pres for recording in and
remotely

Bill