Bob Cain

Ryan wrote:

Yes. You are quite good at socratic method. I guess I just thought
you knew these answers but wanted to see me "jump through some hoops"
first, not malicously of course. But if what you're saying is that
the math, or system of maths this would require hasn't even been
"invented" yet, then that's an altogether different type of thing.

It wasn't just to get you to jump through hoops, Ryan. I'm
truly interested in how a musically creative mind would
specify the problem in some detail. That's good input for
the more academic oriented folks who are working and
thinking at the computational level.

The biggest problem with all of this that I see is how to
specify in detail what's in the music that can be considered
features worth thinking about extracting algoritmically. If
a human can't get real down with that part then there is
little hope of implementing anything useful. Granted, for
the non-technically but strongly musically inclined it could
be a very frustrating experience to see how difficult it is
to reduce things that seem obvious to her to terms that have
any hope of an impelementation, but you gotta start somewhere.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein