Ryan

Bob Cain wrote in message ...

You aren't really defining an analysis, or even the features
you would like extracted and cataloged. "Every possible way
an instrument can be played" has no meaning until you very
specifically give it that. It is what my high school
writing teacher called a glittering generality. I'm sorry
if that is a bit brutal but so was she. :-)

Yes, If I was writing for another audience I would have to adress this
more specifically. But you know what I'm getting at. I don't want to
post a billion word technical rubrick.

How would the subjective characteristics that your brain is
very good at discerining be algorithmically characterized
and what would be the form of the data the analysis
produced?

What would be in these data sets.

What math?

Approximate it with what?

Hell man, these are the questions I came looking for the anwsers to.
You were supposed to answer these!

Viola!

What, you want to do all this synthesis with a single
instrument? :-)

lol
How is it spelled? Voiola?