Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

Default Light stand to mic adapter

Carey Carlan wrote in news:Xns9FF23FD2B957Ecarlan@
69.16.186.52:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

http://www.filmtools.com/microphone-stand-adapter.html

Thanks, Arny. That's exactly it.

Follow-up with recap.

I bought an Avenger A635B light stand to use as a mic stand (cheaper that a
Shure and black).

To answer Scott, it does indeed come with a 5/8 stud, not a threaded mount.

To adapt it to a mic stand, the ideal choice is the item Arnie describes
above, which goes straight from stud to 5/8-27 mount. As I got the stand
from BH Photo, and they don't sell that one, I got the Manfrotto 014-38
Rapidapter cheaper and no additional shipping charge. It goes from stud to
3/8-20 boom/European mount.

To that I added one of my horde of 3/8 to 5/8 adapters from every European
mic I buy (AKG, DPA, Schoeps, etc). That makes two adapters to get from
the stand to the mic, but I suspect they'll be OK.

For about $50 less than the venerable Shure S15A I got a stand that goes
only 12 feet high, but supports up to 30 pounds (with sandbags).