Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default Statehood for Puerto Rico

On Jul 5, 8:01*pm, Bret L wrote:
On Jul 4, 10:18*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Jul 4, 10:28*pm, Bret L wrote:

On Jul 4, 10:05*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:59*am, Bret L wrote:

*It's very simple. When the Czech and Slovak Republics were formed out
of what had been Czechoslovakia, you were either a national of one or
the other Republic.Not both. *When the US became independent of
Britain, you were no longer a British subject if you were an American.
How hard is this?

*Or are all Americans still also British subjects entitled to a UK
Passport? If you are saying Puerto Ricans are all Americans forever,
you have to be saying all Americans are Britons forever. Or is that
not true? And if not why not?

They are US citizens for as long as they live, if they want to be.
Chzekoslavakia is a bad analogy, because that country became defunct.