Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default need help to set up a M-Audio Audiophile 2496

"Ken" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Could someone help me managing my new audio card ?

It operates under Debian Linux, but I also tested it under Windows XP,
with same results. The input volume for digitilizing vinyl records is
too low, and I can't enhance it.

You must use an RIAA phono preamp between the pickup
cartridge and the line input to the sound card. AFAIK, there
are NO computer audio cards which have inputs appropriate
for phono cartrdges (47K input impedance, high gain, and
the RIAA equalization curve).

RIAA computer audio cards
http://www.terratec.net/en/products/...inyl_2064.html
http://www.hama.de/portal/searchSele...bySearch*40515

Not exactly plug-in I/O cards, but thanks.
OTOH, the sound card cited does NOT have RIAA inputs and
no mention of a phono preamp was made in the OP's initial post.