Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bernard Bernard is offline

Default need help to set up a M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Le Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:13:14 -0700, Richard Crowley a écrit*:

Bernard wrote:
Could someone help me managing my new audio card ?

It operates under Debian Linux, but I also tested it under Windows XP,
with same results. The input volume for digitilizing vinyl records is
too low, and I can't enhance it.

You must use an RIAA phono preamp between the pickup cartridge and the
line input to the sound card. AFAIK, there are NO computer audio cards
which have inputs appropriate for phono cartrdges (47K input impedance,
high gain, and the RIAA equalization curve).

Yes, I do have a RIAA phono preamp between the two.