Frank Vuotto

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:39:51 -0500, "reqluq"
wrote:

The funny thing is if I press down at a certain angle on the negative line
that goes into the basket on the black widow,I get continuity(doing it with
a plastic object I might add)and I was able to get a few responses from the
12" mackie..it's as if a wire is loose somewhere like a light bulb when it
blows,and u can turn it to get the filaments touching again(sometimes).any
diagrams online how these speakers are made up..the coil winding etc?..I'm
gonna take it apart to see what's going on in there..

Don't take it apart too far or you'll ruin it. You don't need to see
the coil winding, there's nothing you can do to the coil anyhow.

Find where the open circuit is on the cone, jumper it and cover it
with some silicone seal.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/