fhlh002

Default Rear unsupported??? Mounting a DIN radio in a Dodge RAM

I had a 99 ram install at one time... I didn't use anything (had the same
dash kit) to support the rear of the unit and had no issues.... I say forget
about it. I currently have an 03 with Scosche kit and still.... the rear of
the unit is not strapped in, still, no issues

FHLH

"Ignoramus26983" wrote in message
I am going to mount a normal DIN radio in a 1999' Dodge RAM 1500. I
bought a Scosche installation kit from walmart. It appears that it has
a front mounting bracket, but absolutely nothing to support the
rear. Because the opening for the radio is larger than the radio, it
seems that the rear of the radio will be unsupported. Is that true,
and if so, how can I make the radio mounted in a more stable fashion.