Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default What is a 4X250F?

In article ,
Chris Hornbeck wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:54:52 -0700, diecasthoop
wrote:

I have a few of these I got in a box of tubes. What are they used for?
They are strange looking guys. Any of Yall need any?

This family was very common for VHF transmitter finals
in point-to-point service when I was in the Army. Track24
era, anyone? PCM was just coming into use; digital audio
was considered so secure that it didn't need to be
manipulated at all; raw transmissions were considered
secure.

When was that, I didn't know that there was ever a time that raw PCM was
considered secure?

And even in that era, only a captured American receiver
could have made any sense of even frequency-division-multiplexed
telephone signals.

I would think it would be child's play to make sense of FDM telephone
signals, why would a captured American receiver be needed?

Regards,

John Byrns