Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Teflon Film Tin Foil capacitors

" said:

Subject caps now have 300+ hours of playing time. They are very
pleasant. Perhaps more so, as they "burn in", but, let us be fair, it
is hard to do double blind testing of the same devices at different
points in time. Maybe I am learning to appreciate them more! (But, I am
doubtful I am learning anything, at my age ...)

I once had a Wima MKP burn in on me.
Turned out it had some 350 V across it, where only 250 was allowed.
It lasted for a couple of hours, though. ;-)

Otherwise, just enjoy what's in your amp, enjoy the tinkering, and
forget about double blind testing and other scientific stuff, they
only serve to take the pleasure out of your hobby.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."