Michael McInnis

Exact Audio Copy will rip to wave files and normalize them.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Regards,

MM

Michael McInnis Productions

wrote in message oups.com...
Hello, readers!

Could you please advise me on any sofware that let me create PCM Wav
Files from CD-DA's (PCM 44/16), manipulate these Wav Files, to finally
burn them onto a DVD Data disc? By "manipulate", I mean normalizing
them, creting the 2 seconds standard "break" among them like in regular
CD-DA's, or actually "joining" two or more of these Wav Files like in
regular live CD-DA's where songs are continuously played without any
breaks.

Of course, I understand that I might need to change from CD-quality PCM
44/16 to DVD-quality PCM 48/16 in order for the disc to work, but I am
okay with that.

One more thing, please. I am not interested in changing these WAV's to
128 Kbps MP3's or 320 Kbps MP3's or anything in between. Why? Just
simply because I prefer Wav Files. And I understand that 320 Kbps MP3's
sound as good to human ears as CD-DA's. And why DVD's? Simply because I
can place up to six hours of WAV Files onto each DVD. And six hours of
songs on a DVD is enough for me. I am not interested in having 10, 15,
or 20 something hours on a DVD, at least not for now.

Finally, if this has been barely discussed on Usenet and on most other
boards, yes, there are some standalone players that can play DVD's
encoded with WAV Files.

I hope to read from you soon.

Best of the best,

Carlos Albert Lacaye