Pooh Bear

George Gleason wrote:

I dunno what's got into George lately. No-one sensible denies that Behringer
offers great value for money. But to suggest it's up there with the big boys ?
Noooooo way !

Graham

I am not saying they "sound the same" I am saying that sitting in a seat
in the audience you will not be able to tell which desk I am mixing on
the preamps are not a make or break point in the LIVE SOUND chain
any reasonable quiet preamp(the mackies and behringer qualify) that
gives me the gain I want will become invisible in a live sound mix

Like I said ( you snipped ) - in the live scenario I'm agnostic on the mic pre issue
specifically for live work.

EQ ( another issue entirely ) is something else. So-called 'British EQ' isn't
well-regarded by accident. I have spend a lot of time on this. So did Rupert Neve in
his day too. I guees I didn't end up working for his company for a while by accident
either !

Graham