Arny Krueger

"The Devil" wrote in message
newsrjbk0lrtqil4af47g063bopvbcqi4k7ck@rdmzrnewst xt.nz
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:25:45 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"The Devil" wrote in message
news:ub6bk0pto9u4fe8kc9dj02jot7h16sdqt6@rdmzrnewst xt.nz
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:39:20 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Devil, next time try that with a power amp with more than 5 wpc,
and oh by the way turn it on BEFORE not after the listening test.
Since you admit to using "snake oil capacitors" it is therefore a
proven fact that you also use snake oil electrical power.

In fact, the first time I turned them on I
thought something was the matter with them--the Rotel had a faint
but audible hiss when you put your head right up against the
speaker, and that what I expect from the valves, except they were
*dead* silent.

There's an approximate 16 dB difference between 200 wpc (Rotel 1080
- last SS power amp you mentioned owning here) and 5 wpc. If both
amps had the the same dynamic range, the 5 watt amp would still be
16 dB quieter. The same argument applies should you have a tubed
amp with more power than 5 wpc.

Sorry--I don't remember mentioning the power output of the amps.
Would you care to cite the text where I said it was 5 watts per
side?

Inability to provide a useful answer noted.

An answer to what? You didn't ask a question--you simply decided that
KT88s are only capable of producing five watts of power.

Wrong.

You then
decided that must be the reason why my KT88 amps are free of audible
hiss.

Wrong.

And incidentally, if that's what you believe, why write this?

What I believe is that you've been unable to provide a useful response.
Still true.

First tell me why unmasked noise from the front (tubes, vinyl) is
somehow better.

Do you believe there is noise from valve amps or don't you?

I believe that all amps make noise, some more than others. I don't expect to
ever see a tubed amp with a -112 dB noise floor, even though I have had a SS
amp like that in my hands.

Why oh why are you such a dickhead?

Devel it's because &^%!!'s like you showed me how. In your case, it was
your numerous posts about your fantasies about sodomizing my late son.