Ethan Winer

Default Transient response of actively filtered speakers

Carlos,

I offered to send you LspCAD's predicted FR plots but you didn't take the

offer, that means that either you are afraid they will prove you wrong ot
that you question LspCAD's accuracy.

Sorry, maybe I read the posts too fast that day? I don't recall that offer.
I'm surely not afraid of being proven wrong! I have no attitude with any of
this stuff. My only interest is learning what matters and why. Heck, the
speaker placement tests I did the other day proved me wrong in one regard. I
had a theory that comb filtering caused by placing a speaker out from a
wall, due to low frequencies emitting from the rear of the cabinet, would
give a worse response than having the speakers flat on the wall. It turned
out flat against the wall did not give the best response. So I'm very glad I
did that test because I learned something. I don't need to be right! I'd
much rather know the truth about something than be right.

simulation is just simulation and there's nothing like an actual

measurement to see what's really going on.

Yes, I surely agree with that.

Once it's finished I will put it in that good spot I found through

simulation in my room and measure it at the listening position.

Sounds like a plan.

assuming that I couldn't measure down to that resolution, for some reason;

well I guess since I'm just a clueless bass freak who wants boom and thump

There's no need to be insulting. I never insulted you. Maybe you should stop
reading Dick Pierce's posts because he seems to be having a bad influence on
you. :-)

--Ethan