Carlos

Default Transient response of actively filtered speakers

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote in message ...

[snip]

Carlos, if you're interested let me know and I'll post a screen
capture of what we have so far with our older model bass traps. It clearly
shows that treatment beats placement hands down every time.

--Ethan

Ok Ethan, here's what we are going to do: since I offered to send you
LspCAD's predicted FR plots but you didn't take the offer, that means
that either you are afraid they will prove you wrong ot that you
question LspCAD's accuracy. Well, they do prove you wrong. But maybe
you're right, simulation is just simulation and there's nothing like
an actual measurement to see what's really going on. So, let's
measure, shall we?

I'm now building a subwoofer for a different project. It's vented
instead of closed but has the same F3 so for the purposes of the
experiment it will do fine. Once it's finished I will put it in that
good spot I found through simulation in my room and measure it at the
listening position. I use DLSAPro, an MLS system that gives 0.78 Hz
resolution. You claimed 1 Hz was the minimum required (BTW implicitly
assuming that I couldn't measure down to that resolution, for some
reason; well I guess since I'm just a clueless bass freak who wants
boom and thump I wouldn't have good measuring equipment). I will send
you the results and then we discuss again, ok?

Carlos