Ethan Winer

Default Transient response of actively filtered speakers

Dick,

If those are the resuults you getm then you're not doing your filtering

properly.

I dunno - we set up a mike, played some tones, and that's what we got. What
else is there to do?

perhaps you might want to consider expanding your toolbox.

Actually, loudspeaker placement in rooms is of great interest to me too. In
fact, later today I'm going to do some tests of the response obtained with
speakers flat against a wall versus various spacings away from the wall.

Do you fear, sir, that I have snubbed you?

No, I just wanted to meet this mysterious man behind the curtain in person.

--Ethan