Noel Bachelor

Default info on Marantz PMD670

On or about 5 Dec 2003 09:03:02 -0500, Mike Rivers allegedly wrote:

In article writes:

i am pleased to report Marantz took my report of this problem very
seriously and has every indication of resolving this issue within a
short time period.

This is so obvious, I'm surprised that they weren't aware of it. Don't
they ever test their battery powered equipment in the battery mode?
It's nice that they've been cooperative, but really strange that they
actually let it out of the door with this problem.

I've had a bit of experience with the earlier PMD690 and PMD680. It
appeared the System Control Processor in them must have been programmed by
a lowest cost tenderer, and I suspect the 670 will be not much different.
Some of our trainees found it was not too difficult to get the processor
confused. If that happens, the machine will just hang, and has to have
power disconnected and battery removed to reboot the thing. They are not
the most stable and reliable thing I've ever driven.

Fortunately, the occurence of that decreased as the trainees got more
experience, and presumably did things more like the machine expected them
to do.

Noel Bachelor noelbachelorAT(From:_domain)
Language Recordings Inc (Darwin Australia)