Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:45:16 -0800, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Sonnova" wrote in message

The LP sounds incredible, the CD sounds mediocre.

LPs go tic-tic-tic and rumble, rumble, rumble. I've never been to a live
concert that had inner groove distortion. Have you?

No. And it's been many years since I've heard rumble-rumble or inner-groove
distortion. Modern turntables are belt driven by low speed motors. They do
not rumble and modern tone-arm geometries have reduced inner-groove
distortion to a less than tertiary effect. I can live with the occasional tic
and pop as long as the sound of the orchestra is compelling enough. Sure, I'd
rather not hear it, that's probably the reason why I have thousands of CDs
and listen to them almost exclusively these days.