Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Frustrating Search for Recordings

On Feb 4, 6:40=A0am, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:
For some reason the cover designers, reviewers, and cataloguers couldn't
care less about whether a recording is stereo or not. If you buy an older
disc or are looking for something, there is NOTHING on the cover art to
proclaim stereo. Most of the time you can't even tell the original record=

ing
date, which should be 1958 or later to give you a fighting chance. I am
looking for some of Marty Paich's recordings, and cannot tell which are
stereo except by finding one that has some samples on Amazon that I can p=

lay
on my computer and tell. They give the album release date as somewhere in
the 90s or 2000s, which is not the recording date.

Is the stereo or mono question so uninteresting to the general public tha=

it isn't even remarked?

Gary Eickmeier

You can find all the info you need on such question and much much more
over on the Steve Hoffman forum boards. Stevehoffman.tv