Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default APOLOGIES TO ALL: PIEZO TWEETERS DO SOUND LIKE ****!!!!

On 17/02/2017 6:21 AM, PStamler wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:07:31 AM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
On 2/15/2017 10:13 PM, PStamler wrote:
At the risk of incurring a personal attack, I wish to report that
I have tested common commercially-available capacitors, looking
for the resonant frequency (frequency at which the device's
impedance bottoms out; the cap stops behaving like a capacitor
above this frequency and starts behaving like an inductor). The
lowest resonant frequency I found was 5.3kHz, well within the
audio range.

What was the capacitor value for that measurement?

It was a 3,300µF/50V Panasonic Series NHG electrolytic.

Most people use those for power supply filtering etc. rather than audio.
What was their inductance at 50-120Hz?
Try using components for their intended purpose perhaps?

Trevor.