Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default APOLOGIES TO ALL: PIEZO TWEETERS DO SOUND LIKE ****!!!!

John Williamson wrote:

Incidentally, the tan δ for that capacitor is given in the maker's
datasheets as as 0.16 at 120 Hz, so the ESR isn't fanstasic. There is
no mention of self inductance values, but as it's an aluminium film type
capacitor, the self inductance figures won't be all that low.

270 nF does not seem out of the question to me, but it's kind of hard to
look at this as a lumped-sum problem since you're dealing with both
distributed capacitance and inductance across all the winds.

I haven't personally seen resonances that low in capacitors, but I have seen
some only a couple octaves higher. Thankfully not huge ones.