Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default 90degree phase shifts

субота, 28. јул 2012. 01.45.20 UTC+2, је написао/ла:
I'm guessing you all probably know why I need to create one of the above - to trick a Pro Logic Surround decoder.

Problem is, I know what a 90 - and 180 - deg phase shift looks like on a pure sinewave, but how to I achieve 90 degrees phase shift on "real world" material - a clip of ducks quacking or a 1890s locomotive roaring by? There is no simple wave - ducks, trains, and of course music - are anything but simple!

Pass it through capacitor. Not exactly 90deg, and different at freqs, but ...., or just delay it a ms, or so. Phase shift is meaningless on one isolated signal. You have to have at least two to experience the effect. In digital plug ins, you can try passing it through some old EQ, or something.