Sleepgolfer wrote:
any thoughts on this synth? I am thinking of buying a used one...I know
it's totally 80s stuff but I would like to know if you guys had any
experience with it...the guy is asking 130 euros and it's in good condition

I had one and hated it, the sound was thin, the filter was nothing
special and it was not that easy to program, I had to get an update
chip so it would send and receive on other than omni or channel 1, and
I was stupid because I traded an 8 string bass for it.

I got lucky though because I sold it six months later for what the bass
would have sold for...

At the time I had a DW8000 (which I still have) and the DW stomps all
over the Poly800.

Given how cheap DW8000's are, I'd just buy one of those, they sound
great for what they are and only get $100 - $150 here in the US.

Analogeezer