Pete Dimsman

Glenn Dowdy wrote:

So what you're saying is that the US is offering the best price for scarce
resources, and is paying the same price as anyone else for non-scarce goods?
The countries that sell us resources don't have to, do they?

I'm not sure that is what I am saying, but you still missed my point. We
could have and can still choose to conserve resources instead of
exploiting them.

It is about doing the right thing, not what is in the best interest of
huge corporations.

b.t.w. Exxon still hasn't paid everything they owe for the Valdez
disaster. Still litigating. In the meantime, still one of the most
profitable entities on the planet.