Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:07:12 PM UTC-4, wrote:
JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

I have confirmed that it is the receiver's output that is blown, not the speakee.

Is there anything I can check inside - something hopefully simple as a fuse or thermal breaker?

This is a 20-year old surround sound work horse with plenty inputs for all my analog gear, and replacements are few and far between.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot!

I agree with the replace suggestion. While it might have plenty of inputs if you really are using it as a surround sound system and it's that old then there are a number of new audio formats it won't decode. I'm very happy with the current yamahas.