Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Ground Loop

Klay Anderson wrote:
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 7:23:07 AM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
=20
Two back-to-back 75-300 ohm transformers make a perfectly good isolation
transformer, or you can buy one for a couple bucks from the cable TV
company usually.

In my experience that used to work. I tried that with several "newer" balun=
transformers only to sill have the issue. I smashed one open only to find =
that one of the twinleads on each balun was grounded to the F connector. I =
use an actual made-for-cable iso transformer.

Yeah, it's true that some of them are autotransformers. You can check with
an ohmmeter beforehand.