Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

Default Ground Loop

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 7:23:07 AM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Two back-to-back 75-300 ohm transformers make a perfectly good isolation
transformer, or you can buy one for a couple bucks from the cable TV
company usually.

In my experience that used to work. I tried that with several "newer" balun transformers only to sill have the issue. I smashed one open only to find that one of the twinleads on each balun was grounded to the F connector. I use an actual made-for-cable iso transformer.

Klay