Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

Marc Wielage wrote:
On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:06:53 -0700, Gary Eickmeier wrote
(in article ):

Well, the remark does bother me, but I have a Tascam DR-07, a Zoom R16, a
Zoom H2n, and even a little digital voice recorder that have no problem in
this area. I am confident that they know how to build a quality product and
from the care taken in the design of its functions I don't see why they
wouldn't.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Rent and use a Sound Devices recorder before you dismiss it.

I have actually used a Zoom recorder, and my opinion is that it's a toy. It
can be useful for certain things -- for example, a musician composing at
home,

MIDI much?

or a rock group wanting to record rehearsals -- but I wouldn't do
anything more serious than that on it.

The problem is that you eventually want to record more than just a
pair-in-the-air. So you end up making the H2 superfluous.

--MFW

--
Les Cargill