Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

Default Zoom H6

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:58:43 -0700, Gary Eickmeier wrote
(in article ):

The most amazing recorder I have yet seen. I could get rid of my mixer,
multichannel recorder (Zoom R16) and my battery powered Phantom power
supply. It is a six channel recorder and full studio in a box!

Get this instead:

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/788t/

It costs about twenty times more ($8000) than the Zoom H6, but often in pro
sound, you get what you pay for. The Sound Devices is going to have far more
flexibility, reliability, better sound quality, and much, much quieter mic
preamps. Note that you'll still need microphones -- and you can't get six
great mics for $400, for the most part.

If you can't afford to buy one, RENT one.

--MFW