Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Vinyl colorations, inherent, euphonic and inherent euphonic.

wrote in message ...
On Oct 24, 5:26?pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

HiFi News and record review test record correct? The one cut back in
the late 60s right?

Ahh, I found the reference I couldn't find while researching my previous
response, just a few minutes ago.

At least two new versions of the HFN test record have been cut in recent
times , following the only one that you seem to know exists from the 1960s.

The 1996 version:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/hfnrrdisc_e.html

The Y2K version:

http://www.garage-a-records.com/hifinews.html

I have the more recent version. I have two of them, one that I use for
setup, and one that I only use for critical tests. They were purchased a few
months before I ran my www.pcavtech.com tests back in 2001. The reserved
version produces similar results, only a bit less surface noise.

I have a library of test records going back to the 1960s. In general, they
produce similar results. The problem is with the LP medium at a very basic
level, and any such new production methods as have been claimed to have
been innovated in recent times, in general are futile.