Wayne

Default need portable front end for Alesis hard disk recorder - or do I?

In article t
writes:

Guys, thanks for the responses so far. One thing I forgot to mention... my
friend recording from the FOH console is NOT the FOH console engineer. My
friend has no control over what goes on with the FOH console.

If the FOH has any spare channels you can input the "hot" channels in the FOH
at an acceptable level. Take the direct out into a separate channel, stay off
the house buss, take the direct out of the second channel to your HD24. You're
gonna be getting the FOH's EQ of course. I also have split the 1st direct out
and let the FOH use the second channel. That way I didn't have to wrestle with
any of his settings.

I've also taken a feed off of a spare AUX out on a pre fader. That way the FOH
can do what he wants as long as he doesn't change the input trim.

YMMV
Wayne