Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
David Nebenzahl

Default Anyone know about these other amps?

GregS spake thus:

Oh I bought a Yamaha int.amp on Ebay and fixed it up. I used it for a year.
Had a switch to throw it into class A at 15 watts. It may have made a difference. There
was more problems in the switches than anything else making an effect.
Very neat amp otherwise.

Speaking of other amps, I wonder if anyone here can tell me anything
about two high-end home audio amps I have, one of which was given to me,
the other purchased cheap at a secondhand store, both running perfectly
(the Kyocera required a trip to the repair shop to replace some small
electrolytics, and I replaced the big ones myself):

1. Technics Stereo Integrated D.C. Amplifier SU-V6X (preamp/amp)
2. Kyocera R-851 Quartz Synthesized AM/FM Stereo Tuner/Amplifier

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)