Brian Allen

Richard Crowley wrote:
The big question here is what kind of work are you doing and how much does
it pay right now? This will let you determine what you should buy and
what you should rent.

There is a current hot topic on rec.arts.movies.production.sound
about "Elimidate" offering $200/day (where day = 10 hours).
Keep in mind they are assuming that you already *own* all the
equipment and are bringing it with you (and likely insuring it too)
within that budget. Needless to say, the professionals over there
are decrying this trend.

They'll get what they pay for, most likely a very budget production.
IME that pay is quite low. I just got off a 3 month reality show shoot
and while I was the video engineer this time many friends worked as ENG
audio mixers and made quite a bit over 200/day(more than 2x that). The
audio supervisor made more over that. The only piece of gear they owned
was the harness to carry the mixers/rf receivers.

Brian