Chris Hornbeck

Default 16 bit vs 24 bit, 44.1khz vs 48 khz <-- please explain

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:26:03 GMT, Jim Gilliland
wrote:

OK, all of your quote makes sense to me. What I don't see, though, is
how anything in Ulysses's quote contradicts it. Here is what you quoted
from Ulysses earlier - can you help me see where the conflict is? I
apologize if I'm being dense or stupid here.

It's certainly not you being dense here. I suspect that I'm reading
the word "identical", twice, and drawing unwarranted conclusions
that it means interchangable.

Since everybody but me is marching out of step, my conclusion that
an ADC could be dithered digitally must be wrong. Thanks for your
help; also Ulysses, Jay Frigoletto and S O'Neill.

Great thread, ladies and germs,

Chris Hornbeck
"That is my Theory, and what it is too."
Anne Elk