Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default HDMI vs Analog, Slight humming via HDMI

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today I will go to the repair shop, to tell them the story, and to try and have the DVI monitor repaired.

If it is repaired I will repeat the setup to see if the PC-receiver HDMI setup will cause damage again.

If it does Ladies and Gentlemen of the electronics industry, then I have you by your BALLS, cause then I have proven that HDMI spec is somewhat FLAWED.

I was just thinking about the difference between Analog and HDMI experiment.

There was something else I NOTICED !

The HDMI connection to the receiver actually produces a SLIGHT HEARABLE HUMMING.

So there is apperently some voltage flowing into the receiver via the HDMI connection which is causing this.

This may seem irrelevant at first but it may actually be very significant.

My hypothesis is that this is the ETHERNET channel that is flowing over the HDMI connection, from laptop to receiver.

The laptop is sending ETHERNET packets over the HDMI cable... the receiver is expecting "audio return channel" packets, but instead receives ethernet packets.

Perhaps it is trying to interpret these packets as AUDIO packets and thus it produces HUMMING.

These are probably ETHERNET handshaking packets.

Very maybe it's possible to send RAW ethernet packets to the receiver with custom software.

In that case the HUMMING might be manipulated into sounding different, proving that this ETHERNET is indeed hearable on the denon 1909 receiver which is 1.3a HDMI.

GT 510 was 1.4 HDMI.

Today I will purchase GT 1030... HDMI unknown... will check later, but will probably not matter much.

IF YOU HATE HUMMING for whatever reason then HDMI is actually a DOWNGRADE HAHA.

FASCINATING ISNT IT.

Turning up the volume on the receiver will probably make the HDMI humming more NOTICEABLE.

Bye,
Skybuck.