Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mat Nieuwenhoven Mat Nieuwenhoven is offline

Default OT - video

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 22:08:05 +1300, geoff wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46403539

Naa, I'll wait for 16K before upgrading ....

8K is already overkill. An 4K TV is just about doable, with sharp
eyes, depending on the viewing angle when sat in the middle before
it. A bigger TV won't solve that, to still be able to see
pixel-definition sharpness you need to sit so close you head must
swivel constantly sideways to see all. Like sitting upfront in a
cinema. If you cannot seen individual pixels on a 4K TV, the HD is
already good enough. IMHO 8K is a solution looking for a problem.

HDR does indeed add something, provided you TV can handle the big
light output.
And 3D, but that seems to be on the way out.

And I shudder at thinking of seeing some people at 4K, let alone at
8K :-)

Mat Nieuwenhoven