Michael Drainer

Default Broadcast sound question

What exactly do you mean by maximum defination? Anytime you are dealing
with the sattelite/broadcast world, it is critical that you keep your output
peak levels below 0 dBm or -20 dBFS. If you are running much hotter, you
WILL get calls from those who receive the downlink. If you are looking to
maximize the percieved "Loudness" of the program material, you can compress
the snot out of the signal then boost the gain but depending on the program
material, you will be doing more harm than good.

MD

"Gian Luca Specchia" wrote in message

I'm working for a satellite television that use a mixer Yamaha DM 2000 .
I would like to work with the maximum level possible before clip.....I

mean
near 0 dbfs
Do You think it's wrong or Should I follow another way to achive the

maximum
definition ?