Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default R.I.P.Les Paul

Tobiah wrote:

He says here that he invented what seems
to be a delay.

He didn't invent much of what he claimed he did (including the
multitrack recorder). But
what he did, and why he's so well respected, was for making
technological developments
an important and integral part of his music. He was an inventor, an
innovator, and a
wisecracker, but first and last, a musician.

He wasn't the first one to do overdubbing between two turntables, but he
took it further
than anyone else, and he figured out how to do it on one tape deck so
that he could
record on the road without having to carry two recorders.

me he
)